The Lapland Connection / Fell Guide Martti Niskanen
Martti Niskanen, with over 30 years of professional experience as a nature guide, welcomes you to Kilpisjärvi!
Safaris & Tours by the Lapland Connection are a collection of the most popular outdoor activities, available to individual travellers and small groups year round.
Safaris & Tours in Winter
- Border Safari: a snowmobile trip to the Three-Country Cairn where Norway, Sweden and Finland meet
- Conquering Halti Fell: a full-day snowmobile excursion through uninhabited wilderness to the highest peak in Finland
- Husky Sled Ride: a unique chance to drive a team of Siberian huskies across the frozen Lake Kilpisjärvi
- Searching for Northern Lights – need we say more?
- Snowshoe Trek: enjoying the purest of air, the silence of nature and amazing landscapes
- Winter Fishing Trip: learning the secrets of ice fishing and feasting on a picnic served by open fire
Safaris & Tours in Summer and Autumn
- Fishing Trip on Lake Kilpisjärvi: you don't have to know the first thing about fishing to appreciate this panoramic tour
- Rafting and Fishing on River Könkämäeno: avid fishermen love this trip while those who prefer to skip the fishing part are delighted with the boat ride on the border river between Finland and Sweden
- Mountain Biking: a scenic tour featuring a bit of history, a good deal of exercise and a tasty picnic by camp fire in the midst of nature
- Autumn Nature Trip: a scenic trek in the company of a friendly Siberian husky
Descriptions and price information of these tours and other services – such as private guiding and car relocation – offered by the Lapland Connection are found on the company's website. Assistance in planning and booking your activities is available in French, German and Swedish as well as in English.